Working in partnership with the City of Saint Paul’s Great River Passage Initiative, the Great River Passage Conservancy leads advocacy and private fundraising efforts for our three key capital projects along Saint Paul’s 17 miles of Mississippi River.
These projects will re-orient people to our great river by building environmental stewardship, community health, and economic development as we create opportunities to experience the river in new and equitable ways.
Our mission is to raise resources that support the community’s vision for connecting Saint Paul’s two greatest assets: Its people and the Mississippi River.
We envision a Saint Paul that is The River Capital, where we bring the river back to the center of our public life and live not just by—but with—the river. Our work will:
- Build greater awareness of and access to the river for a larger, more diverse community
- Create shared experiences that bring people together to enjoy the river landscape
- Promote a culture of care and respect for the environment
- Improve community health and well-being by creating places that are beautiful, safe, welcoming, and accessible to all
- Spark economic development and contribute to the commercial and economic vitality of the river