photo by: Chris Juhn
Working in partnership with the City of Saint Paul’s Great River Passage Initiative, the Great River Passage Conservancy leads advocacy and private fundraising efforts for capital projects along Saint Paul’s 17 miles of the Mississippi River. By advancing major projects along the Mississippi River that allow people to experience the river in new ways, the Great River Passage Conservancy fosters environmental stewardship, community health and economic development.
Our mission is to raise resources that support the community’s vision for connecting Saint Paul’s two greatest assets: Its people and the Mississippi River.
We envision a Saint Paul that is The River Capital, where we bring the river back to the center of our public life and live not just by—but with—the river. Our work will:
- Build greater awareness of and access to the river for a larger, more diverse community
- Create shared experiences that bring people together to enjoy the river landscape
- Improve community health and well-being
- Promote a culture of care and respect for the environment
- Spark economic development and contribute to the commercial and economic vitality of the river
Building our river community through: